The Morgan Centre has a comprehensive approach to the treatment of PTSD, anxiety, depression and other mental health conditions. Each client may access different components of this holistic and comprehensive treatment package based on their symptoms at the time of their assessment. This tailored approach to treatment planning ensures that clients receive maximal benefit by matching services to clinical needs.
· Comprehensive assessment of psychological, emotional, and behavioral functioning
· Full Psychological Assessment/Diagnosis is available upon request with additional cost
· Evidence-based treatment of PTSD through specialized individual, group and couples therapy, and 6-week Intensive Outpatient Programs.
· Education to victims of trauma including veterans, law enforcement, paramedics, firefighting members and their families, victims of childhood and adult trauma.
· Small group setting allowing for a focused and personalized care plan.
Evidence-based therapy for Depression, Anxiety, and PTSD and are tailored to meet each client’s specific needs and often includes a combination of (group or individual). The program’s comprehensive approach to recovery includes interventions aimed at improving readiness for treatment, symptom-reduction and assistance with transitioning back into the community.
Intensive Outpatient Program
This program is for those who need immersive psychological treatment in a supportive and caring environment, and in a less intensive way than a full time day treatment program. The program allows clients to maintain their daily commitments while recovering from PTSD symptoms or mood / anxiety disorder.
The Morgan Centre's intensive outpatient program is available from one to four weeks in duration depending on the needs of the individual attending.
Full day Intensive Program
Our full day intensive program offers 5 hours of daily therapeutic intervention for clients with initial assessment, treatment planning, therapeutic intervention schedule, and treatment protocol. Daily therapeutic intervention includes psychotherapy, equine therapy, mindfulness, education, and cognitive processing. Intensive outpatient therapeutic programs are from 1 - 4 weeks in duration. Clients attend Monday to Thursday with the option of taking Fridays off or including their family in the program on Friday.
Full Day Intensive Program with Family Inclusion
The inclusion of family is an important component in the effective treatment of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Comprehensive family processing therapy and Family Equine Therapy are included in this Program design. Each week there will be an opportunity for the entire family to participate in a full day session with the full time participant. This allows the family to reintegrate in a supportive environment and creates a stronger family unit.
Ideally the client would do the full time program for a complete 4 weeks for the best possible outcome but The Morgan Centre does offer this part time structure to make our programs accessible to a wide range of client needs.
The general criteria for successful outcomes of the program are as listed below:
· Reduction in the frequency of memories, nightmares, and flashbacks as well as in the intensity of distress/anxiety associated with re-experiencing of traumatic events; Reduction in avoidance symptoms, with increased ability to remember traumatic events with appropriately intense feelings, rather than with detachment;
- Ability to identify and endure emotional and physical arousal states without resorting to avoidance, isolation, numbing, or acting out behaviors;
- Decreased tendency to distance and detach from others; Increased trust, and a greater capacity to seek and provide emotional support;
- Integration of the trauma in a way that allows for replacing guilt, shame, and a damaged sense of self with a renewed sense of meaning, purpose, and internal control.
If you have any questions regarding the services and/or fees at The Morgan Centre, please contact Allison Jamieson at 705 472.9090